29 August, 2017

Around the World and Back Again

This July I left Kenya to pursue graduate school back in Boston. After 3 years there, and 6 years abroad in total, it feels like a major step. My excitement to learn new skills and grow through an MBA helps to maintain motivation and resolve, my belief that I will be back again soon helps to balance the difficulty of leaving, and returning home to Boston alongside Emily helps to smooth the transition. 

After 114 blog posts, that's at least one a month since the day I left, I'll no longer be adding material on a regular basis. I'm so glad to have this detailed record of the experience, where I can relive the discoveries, the trips, the music and the learning at a monthly or even weekly level. I'm also glad I was able to share all this with people I care about- it helped to maintain a feeling of connection and shared experience.

After these past 3 years of incredible work and exciting travel, I thought this map I made of all my flights during that time would be a fitting coda. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment